Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Can you say $#%^$^^&* !?


Look at this woman. She looks exactly how I feel today - irritated, impatient, cranky, annoyed and generally pissed off. Although this is an ancient joke I have to say that it's true - and 100% NOT funny. Right.

I try to laugh at myself when I get this unreasonable but it's really quite impossible. The reactions to life's little annoyances are usually instant, violent and without any sort or rhyme or reason. Some of these annoy me no matter what day of the month it is.

Take Subway for instance. I craved a sub today so I figured, why not? I left relatively early to beat the crowd. When I got there, there were two teenage girls in line, flirting, and giggling and making a mess of their order. I spent an entire 20 minutes in there for two measly subs! Pissed me off! The guy behind the counter was taking his sweet time with the girl's salads and I was left 20 minutes short of my lunch hour.

Or how about the guy reading the newspaper at the red light? He's so engrossed in his paper he forgets to look up and MOVE when the light turns green. I have the irrepressable urge to lean on my horn and scare the wits out of him. I didn't do it, but glared at him through the windshield instead; not sure if he saw me. Don't care.

Finally when I made it back to the freeway and heading toward the office, minus 20 minutes thanks to Mr. Subway, this person (and I use this term losely!) supposedly merging into traffic from the right almost causes a five car pileup! Apparently he didn't think it was necessary to check his mirror for any traffic in his lane. He just swerved right into traffic, no signal, nothing. I hit my brake so hard my heart become dislodged. This time I did hit my horn, as did four people in front of me and at least four more behind me. A great big bunch of cars every which way hodge podge on the freeway as well as the shoulder; a nasty tangled up mess. What does this person do? He guns it down the shoulder and speeds away - leaving the rest of us shaking, cursing and extremely late for work.

This day sucks! Grrrr.

PS. Artwork by Sharron Rose - Funky stuff!

 
posted by Gina at 12:38 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Andy

    Note to self:

    Never... EVER... piss off Gina.

    :-)

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker