Tuesday, July 25, 2006
True North

I've received a few emails lately commenting on some of my posts; most are quite poignant and led me think even further on my random musings on life. It occurs to me that I have spend a good number of years aimlessly wandering through life. Whenever I got where I thought I wanted to go, I felt that this was not the place. And I moved on. This is not metaphorical either. I have packed my bags on a whim quite a few times and just up and left town. Some folks will do a fair amount of relocation throughout their lifetime, I would venture to state that most of these relocations are within the general geographical area though. Me? I had a tendency to move across entire oceans and continents! Once, I did not even bother to give notice to my landlord terminating my lease. I woke up one day and decided to move to England; hence, I did just that. My house key was mailed to a friend asking her to please clear out my apartment and give the stuff to charity, keep it or toss it. She wasn't too happy about that and was convinced that I had lost my ever-lovin' mind. Maybe I had. The England stint didn't last too long and before I knew it I was back in Germany - starting all over. I did within six months though move to California. Ha!

I have become quite adept at starting over; years of experience will do that sort of thing. Yet, no matter where I start or end, it never seems to be the fulfilling spot I had invisioned it to be. A heartfelt yearning still permeates my every fiber and I still fight the urge to up and move somewhere else. By now I have come to realize however that it will do me no good. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is that is tugging at me so that I become so fiercely restless. This is not only true for geography but relationships as well. My wanderlust is often misunderstood by my significant other and I simply cannot see myself being stuck in one place for the rest of my life. Perhaps this is why I am still single. My internal compass is stuck on searching for my True North.
 
posted by Gina at 12:36 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker