Wednesday, July 19, 2006
The nerve!
Now I'm just irritated. I read the latest and greatest on the education debate by the Republicans and I am aghast! School vouchers for poor students in underperforming schools to go to private schools or get a tutor. Huh.

This is by far the most infuriating thing I have read all day. As a single mother I have had two boys going through the public school system and none of the schools were really up to par. Yet, I am not poor, so tough ..... for me on getting my sons the education they deserve, right? The rich can afford private schools, the middle class (some, not all) have to work two or three jobs to be able to do this and the poor, well, if the government has their way.... you get the drift.

Where is the equality in all this? What I am seeing is that I worked my behind off all this years to keep the bills paid, food no the table and so on ... but I wasn't poor enough to be helped nor rich enough to help myself. Oooh, that's a good one.
 
posted by Gina at 6:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker