Sunday, July 23, 2006
Teenagers will be teenagers....
I was going to title this "Boys will be Boys" but I think the problem is fairly universal and not gender specific. Ha! I had an impromptu visit from my son's best friend's father today. Did I know that they were out of town for 4 days and that the boys had a party with booze and smoking and everything at the house? Of course I didn't. As far as I knew, they were spending the night at some other friend's house. Paint me gullible. They were damn good liars, all four of them had me convinced of it too. Crap.

Which leads me to this... why is it that teenagers always think they invented the wheel? There is nothing they could do, say or pull that I myself haven't been through at 14. I mean really. ::rolling eyes::

Yet here we are. Me having to ground him - again - and him thinking, "Crap! Caught again!". And it happens every time too; without fail. It's almost comical. He expends a lot of energy trying to pull the wool over my eyes and getting away with murder but it never works. Do they learn? Heck no - they will try a different route and get caught again.

Ah, the joys of the teenage years. How I miss them.
 
posted by Gina at 5:15 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Andy

    I was lucky... I never got caught. But I guarantee you that my parents knew.

    I realized in my adult life that my parents really were smart. I had no idea of that as a teenager.

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker