Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Heureux, Felice, Glücklich, Happy
Years ago, 20 to be exact, I owned a very special sweater. It was not a luxury item spun of the finest silk, nor was it particularly remarkable in its craftsmanship, origin or even color. It was a basic dark grey with batwing arms. As I said, not all that remarkable at first glance. However, across the front was emblazened the one word that put a bounce in my step every time I wore it: "HAPPY". The font was a bouncy flow of letters and every time you read it you couldn't help but smile.

Any other day I went to work, the obligatory "Good morning." was exchanged with co-workers upon arriving. However, on the days when I wore this sweater I was most often greeted by, "Hey Happy! How you doin'!?" Everyone seemed to smile a bit more, grin more often and exchange pleasantries more often. It was a conversation piece for sure.
Happy was the catalyst to an easiness throughout those workdays; shedding it at night was accompanied by a sense of loss. Very strange indeed.

I'm reminded of this sweater sometimes these days and I recalled it with nostalgia this morning in the shower. (Don't ask, I think a LOT in the shower).

There is so much sadness and confusion in the world today, what if we could all just put on Happy sweaters? It could prove to brighten someone's day and perhaps I could start a new movement? Ha! Wouldn't that be something?

[Credit: Thanks to fellow blogger imho for the image]
 
posted by Gina at 7:38 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hi - I found my way to your blog from the comments section over at accordingtobecky! 'The Notebook' is one of my favorites, Lamb Chops are my favorite make my favorite meal and I adore Deepak too! I am 46 and have so many conversations with both myself and the friends in my head ... in the shower! I felt compelled to say HI and will be back to visit again. I would totally subscribe to your club and wish you happy days today, and always.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Gina

    Why thank you Dawn and imagine finding someone that shares so many interets! Only in the blogosphere :) Glad to have you, for sure!

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker