Wednesday, October 11, 2006
This is not the movies!
On my way to work this morning I noticed two Hispanic gents walking down the street. I don't mean that I noticed them because there was anything particular about them. It was one of those, you just notice in passing sort of thing. I digress...

In passing them one of the men suddenly started behaving like Gumby! I mean, he was all jelly and waving back and forth and WHAM! Falls face first right into the street about 10 feet ahead of me - right into my lane. I freaked! I was already driving slow since I was getting ready to turn but stopped when I saw this guy fall down. Parking my car I jumped out and yelled at the other guy (who just had kept on walking!). He finally turned and came back.

I don't speak Spanish so asking him what happened really was pointless and I gave up after a bit. My cell phone wasn't cooperating but I tried calling Medics twice. No dice. Finally a lady from across the street at the Bojangles yelled at me that the Medics were coming. Cool. Now I can get to work. So I left. There wasn't anything I could do anyway. Maybe I'll call the Medics later and find out what happened to the guy. Come to think of it, jeez, I hope that Bojangles lady didn't think I hit the guy?! Whoa. Just dawned on me as I'm writing this.

I'm still shaking. I mean, this was really disturbing to me. We see people getting slaughtered in the movies all the time, there is blood and gore everywhere and yet we sit and eat popcorn while we're taking all this in. In real life, well, let me tell you - seeing a bloody person on the ground, twitching and convulsing (I think he may have had a seizure but who knows) that really gets to you! I knew there was something wrong with him, but since I am not a doctor or a nurse and have no clue about CPR, I didn't want to touch him. I just sort of stood there like an idiot trying to get my cell phone to work. (I hate Sprint!)

The whole thing creeped me out and this is going to bother me all day. Now I'm wondering if I should've stayed to explain to the Medics that I saw the guy falling into the street? What a hell of a way to start my day.....
 
posted by Gina at 8:27 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Just a reminder of how short and unpredictable life can be. There are no givens, no certainties, though we try our best to plan as if there were.

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker