Wednesday, May 28, 2008
One missing link recovered
For giggles I joined one of those classmate search engines and created a profile. I never really thought that I would find anyone I went to high school with. For one, I couldn't for the life of me remember first names, then the last names. Tough to find folks if you only have a face in your memory. Maybe I supressed them for whatever reason. Thinking back it probably wasn't that traumatic of an experience. I honestly don't remember all that much. That's bad, isn't it? If you think you spend years with the same people day in and day out and then 30 years later it's all gone.

Then again considering I was incognito and out of the country for over 23 years, I forgive myself for lapses in memory. Ha!

I searched my old high school's class mate entries and when I saw the names a light bulb went off in my head. There they all were! Some were unrecognizable to me. I looked at the photos of them now, their names (which I did remember) and then tried to picture them back then. Impossible. Although I will say there were one or two that looked exactly the same. Wow.

One old class mate even emailed me back but I don't think she liked me response. I saw her face and instantly remembered our 9th grade dance recital. Silver Convention was really big back then and my best friend and I had choreographed a dance to Fly Robin Fly. For reasons that I cannot recall this other girl ended up with my spot of the final recital in the gym in front of the whole school. I was really upset about it since I felt I had put my creative juices into it and there she was - stealing my thunder. Pissed me off to be honest.

In my email to her I mentioned the Fly Robin Fly song and she hasn't replied since then. Now either she's forgotten about it or she doesn't want to talk about it. Either way I've been hit with a merciless barrage of forgotten memories since signing up. Talk about a headache!
 
posted by Gina at 6:52 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker