Sunday, August 13, 2006
Oooo....I've been so bad today
I bit the sour apple and went shopping with my son today. It's almost back to school time so I figured, I'd have to eventually. We ended up at Hecht's (part of Macy's now). Ah, the clearance rack beckoned. I had no intention of spending any money on myself since I sincerely loathe shopping. I truly do.

However, browsing through the isle I couldn't resist and ended up purchasing a new outfit for work. Maybe More inspired me, who knows? On the way out we walked through the fragrance section. I haven't really bought any new perfume or cologne in a long time. It's a really clever marketing ploy if you think about it. Right at the exit, bright and beautiful with the various designers lined up like little soldiers.



I was drawn to them like a Geisha to GI's.. ok, bad analogy maybe. Ha! I digress. I ended up buying a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. Don't even ask what I paid for it, I will not tell for fear of embarrassment. It's obscene. I will say this though - I absolutely love the scent!

I won't post a link to it but you can get it at various online fragrance shops as well. Ah, how to describe it... I found this description and it fits very well...



A stunning perfume overwhelming and irresistible like the joy of living. Surprising and coloured: the liveliness of Sicilian citron, the happiness of Granny smith apple, the spontaneity of Bluebells. Feminine and resolute: the intensity of jasmine, the freshness of bamboo, the charm of white rose. Deep and true: the character of cedar wood, the fullness of amber, the embrace of musk.



I can't stop smelling my wrists! It's almost a giddy kind of scent and if I had some bubbles to blow I'd be doing that right now. What a perfect complement to my earlier post today. Break out the water balloons!
 
posted by Gina at 6:24 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You've hooked me. Fragrance is one of my passions and funnily enough, I loathe shopping - especially in malls. I have a small collection of empty perfume bottles. I had a large collection but what with all the relocating we did, it was starting to become a major hassle to move my collection. You have convinced me ... time for a new bottle and I have never tried D&G ... and you have reminded me that I need to get school supplies sorted out. Are you perhaps dreading going back to school as much as I am?

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Gina

    Well hello Dawn! :) I have to say, shopping is a bane. If I could do all of it online I would. I ventured out because my son loves it. Truly madding at times.

    I am in school myself year-round (no breaks for us MBA folks) but my son is going back August the 25th. And I will gladly cough up a few bucks to get him out of the house again. Ha! School here we come!!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Andy

    "...like a Geisha to GI's..."

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome analogy!

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker