Sunday, August 27, 2006
Workouts and fun


I've posted an ad on Craigslist recently for a woman workout partner. I don't like going to the gym it just makes me uncomfortable; too much testosterone and ego floating around if you ask me. Although some folks are motivated by seeing all that sweating and muscle around them to work harder; well, me I just want to slink into a corner and become invisible.

Hence, I invested in various pieces of home exercise equipment. I used it religiously for a while until life intervened with a rather demanding schedule and well...me becoming less and less motivated and more and more lazy. Ha! But I digress.

Back to the Craigslist ad. It was a very simple to the point ad, stating that I'm a single mom that wants to find a female workout partner to get myself back into shape. Guess what happens? Yup, you are right. Out of all the responses I received a total of ONE was from another single mom. The rest? All men. Now, I was very clear that I was looking for a female to work out with. Or else, what would be the point? I could just as well fork out the gym membership fees and go there. Sheesh. Either some folks can't read or they thought this was an invitation for some sort of date.

I didn't respond to the male ads; as a matter of fact I was annoyed by them. What made these guys think that I would respond to a line like, "I'm so and so and love to work out and have FUN!" What is that supposed to mean? Have fun with what? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but to me it sounds like he was looking for a little afternoon delight, if you know what I mean. And I am so not interested.

I did however email the single mom back, so we'll see what happens with that.

 
posted by Gina at 9:36 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Andy

    HAHAHAHA!!! Apparently there's an alternate meaning to the term "working out" that we weren't aware of!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Good luck with your one realistic response. My experience with Craig's List was a free for all for all freakoids. Interesting how those people don't filter their way through blogland ... oh sorry - you need brains to read long things, don't you? Have a good week.

     

Quotation of the Day

eXTReMe Tracker